Years ago, the freight rates of various routes will continue to soar? On the main routes between Asia and Europe, the service fees of Maersk and MSc’s 2m alliance increased by 9%!
It has just been learned that now more than container freight rates have risen, several international express companies have announced price increases, and cross-border logistics may be more expensive next year!
Recently, UPS, the leader of freight and logistics services headquartered in Atlanta, released the 2020 rate, which will increase the net freight rate of UPS ground, UPS air and international services by 4.9%. The new rate will take effect on December 29, 2019. Recently, more than one international express company has raised prices. For cross-border e-commerce sellers, the rate of small packages will be increased next year.
Since December 29, UPS’s eight fee changes have come into effect
According to the information disclosed on UPS’s official website, this price increase is used to support expansion and function enhancement. For example, UPS has increased its service to 7 days a week and added more ups pick-up points for customers to pick up packages.
UPS states that the following changes will take effect on December 29, 2019:
1. The rates of UPS ground, UPS air and international services will increase by 4.9% on average;
2. A re invoice fee will be charged for each request to change the freight bill account;
3. If a package containing prohibited or restricted items in violation of all UPS policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations is found in the UPS system, a prohibited item fee will be charged;
4. Value added services and other fees will apply to undeliverable packages returned to the shipper;
5. If the invoice is not paid in full by the due date of the invoice, UPS reserves the right to assess the late fee in the amount specified in UPS tariff / terms and conditions of service;
6. For UPS ground service and UPS air service, the weight threshold applicable to additional processing surcharge will be reduced from 70 pounds to 50 pounds of actual weight;
7. The list of postal codes applicable to the delivery area surcharge and extended area surcharge will be changed;
8. For shipments that generally meet the U.S. customs clearance conditions in the consolidated list, a handling fee will be charged for each application for entering a single entry under entry 86; And certain value-added services and other fees will be increased.
FedEx and DHL have released price adjustment plans for next year
Not only UPS raised the rate, FedEx also announced in September that it would increase FedEx Ground, FedEx and FedEx delivery by 4.9%, which will take effect in January 2020. From January 6, 2020, the list of surcharge postal codes of FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx smartpost will also be changed.
In addition, DHL also released the 2020 price adjustment plan in September, which will take effect on January 1, 2020, and the average rate will be increased by 5.9%. The relevant person in charge of DHL said that DHL Express will adjust the price every year and take into account factors such as inflation and exchange rate changes, such as administrative costs related to regulatory and safety measures.
George Lawrie, vice president and chief analyst of Forrester Research, believes that FedEx and UPS may have similar combinations in assets and processes. Today’s supply chain is more expensive because it requires third-party logistics to manage complex systems. For this price increase, Lawrie suggested that the seller understand how the new UPS 2020 list rate will affect the transportation expenditure through the ups website announcement, and then determine whether they can renegotiate and pass this part of the cost to the customer.
Post time: Sep-14-2021